We all dream of having a better life for ourselves and our loved ones. To do this, we can either find a job or start our own business.
Working for a company is how most people support themselves. But people should also try their hand at building a business.
If you want to get into business, there’s no better time than now. Take advantage of the Christmas season.
We are just a few days away from Christmas and the holiday season provides lots of opportunities for enterprising individuals to earn extra, from making kakanin, crafts, Christmas decorations to children’s toys. Dozens of bazaars are all over the place these days.
As I have often said, you don’t need to start big, especially if you don’t have enough capital to start with.
It may be hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, who knows? You might find yourself running a small business on the side!
If you’ve already decided to give business a try, here are a few tips that will help you succeed and ensure that you enjoy the ride.
1. Work on your sales pitch. No matter how big or small your business is, you need to know how to sell your products or services. Focus on the needs of your customers and give them what they need and want.
2. Work on your communication skills. Even if you are just a “solopreneur,” you still need to reach out to your customers who buy your products and put their trust in you. You also need to listen to your customers so that you can further improve your products or services.
3. Build your brand online. One of the best ways to build your brand is by being active on different social media platforms. People nowadays spend long hours on the internet, and by making use of this technology, you can make your business known to your market.
4. Think long term. Look beyond the “now” and see how you can expand your business as the years pass by. Create strategies that will make customers loyal to you.
5. Keep an eye on your finances. You don’t need to have a diploma in accountancy, just set aside a certain amount for the maintenance of your business. Remember that you need a revolving fund to ensure that you can cover overhead expenses.
Nothing in this world is permanent and that goes for jobs, especially with OFWs. Instead of splurging on expensive gadgets and jewelry, learn to invest.
There are seminars and workshops that talk about how to start, build and grow a business. Aspiring entrepreneurs would be given first-hand information that would help them with their goals.
When we learn to explore about entrepreneurship, we are able to help the government reduce unemployment. Small enterprises have been proven to play a significant role in the economic growth of a country.
Armando Bartolome has been a regular contributor to abs-cbn