A lot of people suffer from back acne at certain point of their life. There are very few people who are luck enough that they do not get it throughout their life. Back acne is mainly caused by two factors: a liver problem or a fatty skin and second due to stress, cosmetics or hormonal imbalance also. If you tend to break out on your back, you can get rid of stubborn acne quickly and safely.
But if it is very severe due to any serious illness, do recommend a dermatologist.
- Use clay: Clay which is famous for its astringent, antiseptic and revitalizing properties treats it very quickly as it absorbs sebum quickly, reduces large pores and dries the acne.
- usage: Mix two tablespoons of white clay with lemon juice and honey, now apply this paste to your problem area every evening and do not wash it for at least half an hour. Take a shower using only mild antibacterial soap for washing your back. Wipe off gently with a cotton towel and once the skin has dried.
- Get rid of back acne with essential oil: Certain essential oils are very effective in removing acne actively. Almond oil, lemon oil, tea tree oil – all have antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Usage: Dab your back acne every morning for at least a week with one of these essential. These essential oils are easily available in stores.
You can also control and prevent back acne using the following steps:
- Shower after a workout: after workout sweat and dirt sit on your skin which can be a big contributor to back acne. Shower as soon as you can after a workout. You should also wash those sweaty workout clothes between sweat sessions.
- Exfoliate: Using a gentle exfoliating scrub with ingredients such as salicylic acid removes extra dirt and oils from your skin. This can help reduce the amount of dead skin that could clog pores.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing: Go for loose-fitting clothing that lets your skin breathe and helps wick away sweat while you perform any physical activity.
- Keep hair off your back: Long hair may add oil and dirt to the skin on your back, causing stubborn acne. Wash your hair regularly, and put it in a bun or ponytail when they are oily and during sweat sessions.
- Choose sunscreen carefully: One should protect his/her skin from sun, especially when exposing bare back. But greasy sunscreen can also contribute to clogging pores. So choose products that are oil-free and light on the skin.
- Eat healthy: what you eat and drink always reflects on your body. Note that people who eat lot of fast food often face problems with this acne stuff. Research also shows that foods high on the glycemic index (GI) cause blood sugar to rise quickly, which intern makes acne worse. These foods include white breads, white pasta and rice, and white potatoes.
So all you need to do is rely on clean and healthy lifestyle.